If you have subscribed Star Alliance Newsletters, Star Alliance processes and uses your name, address, phone number, fax number, e-mail address and your specifications regarding country and company name in order to customize the Newsletters for you and to provide you with the Newsletters.
Star Alliance will use and process your personal information to provide you with the Star Alliance Newsletters you subscribe for or transfer your data to Star Alliance Members to use and process your personal information to provide you with Star Alliance Newsletters. Service providers might be used to provide the Star Alliance Newsletters to you. Your telephone number will only be used to verify your address data.
Some of the Star Alliance Members receiving your data or service providers may be located in countries outside of the European Union. Even if such countries do not provide for an adequate level of data protection we will take all reasonable steps to protect the data. In the application form you are asked to provide Star Alliance and the Star Alliance Members with the necessary consent for such use and processing of your data.
Star Alliance or Star Alliance Members will not disclose your personal data to any other third parties. We will treat your personal details with the utmost care and store it securely.
If you no longer wish to receive the Star Alliance Newsletter you can cancel such communication at any time using the link contained in every message or by sending us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Star Alliance Services GmbH, Frankfurt Airport Center, Main Lobby, 60546 Frankfurt/Main.
Cookies are small text files that are sent and stored on your computer, smartphone or any other device for accessing the internet. The cookie will help the website to recognise your device the next time you visit the same website.
We use the following cookies on the Star Alliance Website. However, some of the cookies may be provided by other parties (third party cookies):
- Cookies required to operate the Star Alliance Website
- Language selected recording cookie (language) - We use this cookie to record the language selected by the user so that the Star Alliance Website will be opened in the language that was selected previously by the user.
- Last Visited Section (section) – We use this cookie to record the section last visited by the user on the Star Alliance Website.
- Google Analytics (__utma, __utmz and __utmb) – We use these cookies to record the:
- Number of hits to the Star Alliance Website;
- Visitor count to the Star Alliance Website;
- Number of page views;
- Demographics (language and location);
- Web browser type;
- Operating system;
- Network information;
- User behaviour (New Vs Returning, frequency & recency and engagement);
- Traffic sources;
- Website referral traffic;
- Search engine optimisation (queries, Landing pages and geographical summary); and
- Social (overview, network referrals, visitor flow etc.).
- Book & Fly Cookies
- Book and Fly –(Map Planning Part) (net.flightmaps.data.planner::ItineraryReference) - This cookie contains the list of recent itineraries that are shown on the Book & Fly welcome page.
- Book and Fly- JSESSIONID – In case there is an error with the credit card payment, the credit card information will be saved and the cookie will be created for 15 minutes.
- Fare Finder Blackberry web (history) – We use this cookie to display the history of recent searches, saved itineraries and recently used airports.
- Conventions Plus and Meeting Plus Cookie
- Session Tracking (JESSIONID) - We use this cookie throughout the whole Star Alliance Website to store users’ session id in a cookie instead of the URL. The session is used to store inputs made by the user, such as date selections, departure and arrival destinations etc.
- Mobile website Cookies
- Usage Tracking – (__utma, __utmb, __utmc and __utmz) We use this cookie to analyse users’ behaviour, create statistics and recognize usage patterns.
- Auto Suggestion (RECENT_AIRPORTS) – This cookie is used to store airport names entered by the user.
- Session Tracking (JESSIONID) - We use this cookie throughout the whole mobile Star Alliance Website to store users’ session id in a cookie instead of the URL. The session is used to store inputs made by the user, such as date selections, departure and arrival destinations etc.
Most Internet browsers, smartphones and other web-enabled devices allow users to control the acceptance of cookies through browser settings. You can choose to delete all cookies from your device at any time if you wish to do so. Please be aware that if you choose to disable some cookies, certain parts of the Star Alliance Website will not work.
You can find more information about cookies and how to disable your cookies on allaboutcookies.org.
We track the usage of the Star Alliance Members’ website in order to modify it according to our customers' needs. We pay attention to what information is requested and attempt to make it easier to find in the future.
We provide a profile feature to make it easy for you to use our travel planning services. We respect your privacy on the Star Alliance Website and maintain your profile information on servers that are designed to be secure. Star Alliance Members do not authorize any other use of your confidential information.
When you access linked websites, please understand that we do not control the content and are not responsible for the privacy practices of that website. We suggest that you carefully review the privacy policies of each website you visit. This privacy statement does not cover the information practices of those websites linked to the Star Alliance Website. Such other websites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information.